What is social marketing anyway?
When done well, social marketing programs really can be effective in creating large-scale change.
Nedra Weinreich of Weinreich Communications joins the podcast to provide an introduction to social marketing and to illustrate how social marketing campaigns manifest in the real world.
Don't let the conversation end here. Discuss this episode in the comments section below or on Twitter any time using #ReQPod2. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Our name for all accounts is @ReQPod.
About Nedra Weinreich
Ever since Nedra heard about this thing called “social marketing” a quarter century ago, her mission has been to help as many organizations as possible put it into action. And she’s done just that through Weinreich Communications, which she founded in 1995; through her book Hands-On Social Marketing: A Step-By-Step Guide to Designing Change for Good; and with the trainings she’s conducted via Social Marketing University® and other events, through which she has trained thousands of professionals. For years, she’s been the CDC’s conference go-to gal for social media training. She also instills her passion for social marketing into the next generation, teaching a graduate course at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health for many years.
As if that weren’t enough social marketing in her life, she is also on the board of directors of the International Social Marketing Association and on the editorial board of the Social Marketing Quarterly. Nedra earned her Master’s degree in Health and Social Behavior from the Harvard School of Public Health and her Bachelor’s degree in Conservation and Resource Studies from the University of California at Berkeley.
You can follow her on Twitter at @Nedra and visit her website at social-marketing.com.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Supercharge Your Social Impact: Using Social Marketing for Behavior Change by Nedra Weinreich
- Hands-On Social Marketing: A Step-Guide to Designing Change for Good by Nedra Weinreich
- Social Marketing books by Kotler & Lee
- Social Marketing and Social Change blog by Craig Lefebvre
- Slip Slap Slop campaign
- International Social Marketing Association (ISMA)
- World Social Marketing Conference
- University of South Florida Graduate Certificate in Social Marketing
- Public Health Communication & Marketing Program at George Washington University
- The Truth campaign
- The Habit Summit at Stanford University